When we meet new customers, we often find that they have certain questions and concerns they wish to discuss before choosing their new skylights. This is normal: everyone should take the time to be sure they’re making the right purchase, after all! However, we’ve noticed that a few concerns tend to come up often, one of which is the potential for skylight leaking problems.
So, are leaky skylights really a problem?
There’s no denying that, in the early days of rooflight design, leaking could be a problem.
It’s not hard to see why: like any kind of window, skylights need to be fitted perfectly: they need to slot right into the space made in your home’s exterior and then sealed using the correct materials.
In that sense, there are a few things that can go wrong:
- The aperture for the light might be cut too large for a specific pane size
- Vice-versa, the pane may be cut slightly too small for an existing aperture
- The sealant may not be effective, or could be applied incorrectly
Needless to say, a leaking roof window can be really annoying and – in worst case scenarios – could cause thousands of pounds’ worth of damage to your property. Over time, everything from the paint on your walls to your furniture could depreciate substantially in value, especially if the leaky problem is left to fester.
But, here’s the important thing: don’t panic!
Sunsquare: the highest standard of skylights, combined with expert installation
The key to avoiding leaky skylights is to find the right manufacturer: we know we are that manufacturer.
When you order from us, you can make rooflight leaks a concern of the past. Here’s why:
- We pride ourselves on creating the very finest rooflights, manufactured using materials of the highest quality. It’s this attention to quality that enabled us to become the first manufacturer in the industry to have our products BSI Kitemarked against the most stringent tests for weather tightness, wind loading and air permeability. We achieve a level of performance and prestige that you can always rely on. Your home deserves nothing less than the best.
- We provide an outstanding installation service. As we mentioned earlier on, leaky skylights often originate from poor installation. With Sunsquare, that doesn’t happen. You don’t have to take our word for it, of course: we were recently shortlisted for the illustrious London Construction Awards, an award which recognises firms who’ve made outstanding contributions to the industry.
If you make the wrong decision on who installs – or makes – your chosen rooflight, then there’s potential for something to go wrong.
If you make the right decision, though, and you go with a company whose customers say nice things like:
- ‘We have used Sunsquare for many years and have always found their service and products 1st class.’
- ‘Their communication and attention to detail make them one of the easiest companies to deal with.’
- ‘Their products are extremely good and very well designed and we find their service to be of a very high standard.’
Then you’ll end up with the perfect skylight that you can enjoy for years to come.
Get in touch
If you’re looking to have a new rooflight installed and want to ensure leaks aren’t an issue, give Sunsquare's experienced sales team a call today on 01284 946589 or drop us a line using our online contact form.
Image: Ctd 2005